Why do we love a celebration so much? Is it the chance to bring family and friends together? The chance to let important milestones and moments take centre stage?
Or, is a celebration sometimes simply a great excuse to eat cake? 🙊
I ask, because a couple of weeks ago we expanded our popular Cake Topper Collection.
For the photoshoot I had to get a cake. I asked around and found a couple of options that would put me around $100 out of pocket.
And then… Someone in the studio suggested I make a no bake, naked cake in under 10 minutes.
😳 ‘How can something that seems so complicated, require such minimal effort?’ I thought. ‘What sort of sweet sorcery is this?’
What I found out, ended up being one of the best lifehacks ever.
DIY No Bake Naked Cake
So for our Cake Topper photoshoot I ended up making my own naked cake…
…in the studio, without any baking.
And it was done in less than 10 minutes (and for under $15).
• 460g Double Filled Sponge – two already baked, sponge cake pieces ($5 from Woolworths)
• 2 x 453g Betty Crocker Ready to Spread Vanilla Frosting ($4 each)
• Spatula or large butter knife for spreading the frosting
1. Pop one sponge piece onto a plate or cake stand.
2. Open up a tub of frosting and smear gently on top of the sponge piece. Make sure the entire top is covered.
3. Take the other sponge piece out of the packaging, flip it upside down, and place on top of the frosting.
4. Apply gentle pressure from the top, patting the top sponge downward to make sure the two sponge pieces are stuck together well by the frosting.
Degree Of Nakedness:
5. Decide how naked (or dressed) you’d like your cake to be, then find the neatest person around to apply the frosting neatly and gently on top and around the cake.
(For me, that person is my husband Damian. He has a great eye and is super skilled with tools like spatulas. 😁)
6. Decorate the cake with some fake (or real) greenery and a cool cake topper to match.
7. Voilà! No baking, no stress, gorgeous cake done in under 10 minutes.
8. You can get the little folks to help out with the decorating too.
9. And the eating.
So there you have it – the sweetest lifehack to impress all partygoers.
For a taller cake (think three, four, maybe even five tiers) grab more sponge pieces and more frosting. The best part is you can really create an impressive cake with this hack.
It works any time, for any celebration.
And to help you make your cake shine, we’ve expanded our Cake Topper Collection to include 20+ different styles and designs of cake toppers. 😉
A Unique Finishing Touch
So whether you need a cake topper for a last minute celebration, or you’ve just got something classic in mind, you can pop on over here for many affordable standard options that are ready to go.
Also, some newbies we’ve added to the range are great for baby showers, anniversaries, weddings, hens parties, baptisms and christenings. There are several for Christmas too. The toppers come in a range of colours and materials designed to suit the look, feel, and style of your celebration.
Of course, if you’re after a one off, special custom topper – our Custom Cake Toppers are the way to go and we’ll work with you to bring your beautiful idea to life.
Let the celebrations begin!
Click here to browse all of our Cake Toppers and happy no-baking! 😉 xx